America, the land of the free as we used to know it, is at risk of becoming just a memory should Obama win big and carry his liberal Democrat friends with him into office.
National Journal rated Obama the most liberal Senator in 2007. Obama in his state Senate years was careful, via cowardly 'present' votes, to hide his
liberalism, but he still has a stark record of extreme positions - so extreme on abortion, he voted against a bill to protect born-alive victims of botched abortions; so extreme
on gun control, he supported the DC gun ban that was ruled Unconstitutional (of course, Obama's favorite Justice Ginsburg voted against the 2nd amendment in that case).
Voting against death penalty for gangland murderers. Obama's record is liberal:
Proabortion extremist: Planned Parenthood - 100% Support, National Right To Life - 0% Support, NARAL - 100% Support
Population Connection - 100% Support (These are the ‘Zero Growth’ freaks)
Anti-taxpayer tax-and-spend liberal: Americans for Tax Reform - 0% Support, Citizens Against Government Waste - 13% Support
Very Liberal: ACLU - 83% Support ,
Anti-gun-owner: Gun Owners of America - 0% Support, NRA - “F” Rating
Pro-amnesty open-borders extremist: Federation for American Immigration Reform - 0% Support US Border Patrol - 8% Support
Supports Big Unions: Unions - 82% - 100% Support, NEA - 100% Support
The Democrats are the STATUS QUO party in Congress. Since liberal Democrat Nancy Pelosi became speaker after 2006 elections, the price of oil rose, the stock market fell,
unemployment rose, the economy sputtered. The Democrats' threats of tax increases and their attacks on businesses and markets and energy producers have had a toll on the economy.
The Democrats tried and failed to lose the war in Iraq, but they have managed instead to break promises to cut earmarks (they made it worse), and have spent over $1 trillion
and counting on bailouts this year alone. They want more - money from the taxpayer to new govt welfare cases, with a slice for their special interests on the side;
Like the 'alternative energy bill' that somehow included $50 billion in new taxes yet had a hidden $1 billion gift to trial lawyers.
The Democrats' earlier support for the creation of CRA (Community Reinvestment Act), sowed the seeds for subprime lending. Barack Obama, did legal work on behalf
of ACORN to sue banks to force them to engage in subprime lending. that subprime lending ballooned, and the leaders in it, like Countrywide, gave sponsors like Sen Chris
Dodd, sweetheart deals as thank yous; when Republicans warned about Fannie Mae supporting these risky schemes in 2005, the Democrats stopped them. The chicken's have
come home to roost on the flawed idea of giving homes and mortgages to people who cannot really afford them. Democrats instigated this financial crisis as much as anyone
But these policy errors and bad actions are just the preview. Here is what the Obama/Democrat majority will deliver:
- Regulation overdrive that will kill jobs
- Special interest giveaways to groups like ACORN
- Government takeover of health-care, shifting as many a 50 million more people into a Government run plan (See below, Obama ultimately wants single payer aka 100% Socialized medicine!)
- pork barrel-overspending, like the $200 billion farm bill the Pelosi Congress passed, and the $1+ TRILLION in bailouts this year; Pelosi wants another bailout for $300 billion, on top of the $700 billion for wall street, $300 billion housing bailout and $100 billion govt check giveaway - when will it end?
- Pro-abortion extremism, including taxpayer funded abortions and 'Freedom of Choice' Act, which will override state desires to protect unborn life
- Amnesty for illegal aliens, and drivers licenses for illegal aliens, which Obama supports
- No drilling in ANWR or offshore, and an anti-energy policy that won't allow full exploration offshore; it means higher energy prices
- Trade policies that are the worst since Herbert Hoover (who created a depression out of similar policies)
- Higher taxes that will kill jobs; Obama in the past year proposed higher payroll taxes, higher income taxes, and raising the capital gains taxes from 15% to 25%. Now in the general election, Obama has flipflopped on it, but he will surely flipflop back in order to make taxpayers pay for his $800 billion in spending promises that he can't keep without higher taxes.
- Job-killing 'cap-and-trade' CO2 regulations
- Attacks on free speech, with "fairness doctrine" attacks on talk radio, and political correctness attacks on free speech( Missouri DAs investigating people who say bad things about Obama)
- Attacks on the ballot box, by ending the secret ballot for union elections, and by opposing voter ID laws
- Gay marriage: Obama opposes Cali prop 8, in effect signalling that he supports gay marriage, andObama and the Democrat platform calls for the repeal of DOMA to take gay marriage nationwide; they will enforce ENDA, gay rights in the workplace and a tort lawyers dream and HR dept nightmare, and the result will be attacks on religious organizations and groups that dare to take an opposing moral position; gays openly in the military
- Appointment of liberal activist Judges, who will be handpicked to overrule the people and legislate liberal social policy from the bench.
Here's what the WSJournal says is in store with that Obama/Democrat majority, with more details on :
- Medicare for all. ... A strongly Democratic Congress is now likely to lay the final flagstones on the path to government-run health insurance from cradle to grave.
Mr. Obama wants to build a public insurance program, modeled after Medicare and open to everyone of any income. According to the Lewin Group, the gold standard of health policy analysis, the Obama plan would shift between 32 million and 52 million from private coverage to the huge new entitlement. Like Medicare or the Canadian system, this would never be repealed.
The commitments would start slow, so as not to cause immediate alarm. But as U.S. health-care spending flowed into the default government options, taxes would have to rise or services would be rationed, or both. Single payer is the inevitable next step, as Mr. Obama has already said is his ultimate ideal.
- The business climate. "We have some harsh decisions to make," Speaker Nancy Pelosi warned recently, speaking about retribution for the financial panic. Look for a replay of the Pecora hearings of the 1930s, with Henry Waxman, John Conyers and Ed Markey sponsoring ritual hangings to further their agenda to control more of the private economy. The financial industry will get an overhaul in any case, but telecom, biotech and drug makers, among many others, can expect to be investigated and face new, more onerous rules. See the "Issues and Legislation" tab on Mr. Waxman's Web site for a not-so-brief target list.
The danger is that Democrats could cause the economic downturn to last longer than it otherwise will by enacting regulatory overkill like Sarbanes-Oxley. Something more punitive is likely as well, for instance a windfall profits tax on oil, and maybe other industries.
- Union supremacy. One program certain to be given right of way is "card check." Unions have been in decline for decades, now claiming only 7.4% of the private-sector work force, so Big Labor wants to trash the secret-ballot elections that have been in place since the 1930s. The "Employee Free Choice Act" would convert workplaces into union shops merely by gathering signatures from a majority of employees, which means organizers could strongarm those who opposed such a petition.
The bill also imposes a compulsory arbitration regime that results in an automatic two-year union "contract" after 130 days of failed negotiation. The point is to force businesses to recognize a union whether the workers support it or not. This would be the biggest pro-union shift in the balance of labor-management power since the Wagner Act of 1935.
- Taxes. Taxes will rise substantially, the only question being how high. Mr. Obama would raise the top income, dividend and capital-gains rates for "the rich," substantially increasing the cost of new investment in the U.S. More radically, he wants to lift or eliminate the cap on income subject to payroll taxes that fund Medicare and Social Security. This would convert what was meant to be a pension insurance program into an overt income redistribution program. It would also impose a probably unrepealable increase in marginal tax rates, and a permanent shift upward in the federal tax share of GDP.
- The green revolution. A tax-and-regulation scheme in the name of climate change is a top left-wing priority. Cap and trade would hand Congress trillions of dollars in new spending from the auction of carbon credits, which it would use to pick winners and losers in the energy business and across the economy. Huge chunks of GDP and millions of jobs would be at the mercy of Congress and a vast new global-warming bureaucracy. ...
- Free speech and voting rights. A liberal supermajority would move quickly to impose procedural advantages that could cement Democratic rule for years to come. One early effort would be national, election-day voter registration. This is a long-time goal of Acorn and others on the "community organizer" left and would make it far easier to stack the voter rolls. The District of Columbia would also get votes in Congress -- Democratic, naturally.
Felons may also get the right to vote nationwide, while the Fairness Doctrine is likely to be reimposed either by Congress or the Obama FCC. A major goal of the supermajority left would be to shut down talk radio and other voices of political opposition.
- Special-interest potpourri. Look for the watering down of No Child Left Behind testing standards, as a favor to the National Education Association. The tort bar's ship would also come in, including limits on arbitration to settle disputes and watering down the 1995 law limiting strike suits. New causes of legal action would be sprinkled throughout most legislation. ...
The unflappable demeanor of Senator Obama makes it seem like he is a 'nice guy'. But Obama is lying about himself. Obama is raised and trained on Alinsky leftism; Obama had a Communist mentor Frank Davis Marshall; Obama showe an extreme racial consciousness bordering on animosity in his memiors; Obama was the colleague of radical Bill Ayers (and the point is not that Ayers was a terrorist bomber in the 1960s, the point is that Ayers is as radical
today in his views as he was back then, toasting socialist despots Huge Chavez just last year); Obama for 20 years sat in a Black Liberation Theology church who pastor preaches a political worldview based on the radical Black Panthers. The real Barack Obama has been steeped in the most radical and extreme left ideology of any person to have a chance at the White House.
Any voter who doesn't know the real history of Obama has let the Obama campaign and media bamboozle him or her. Obama's campaign is a $500 million hollywood production, a fiction designed to bamboozle foolish uninformed voters, and the liberal media is complicit in
keeping people as uninformed as possible of the real Barack Obama. As part of that fiction, Obama's left-liberal positions and views have been airbrushed aside, and he's
running on focus-group-tested pablum.
Normally, political realities will restrain such an extremist, but the liberal Democrats think they have the kind of majority coming that will reshape things further. Only twice before has a President on the Democrat side won with overwhelming majorities. In the 1930s and 1960s. Both times we got the most signification shifts towards big Government in our history - The New Deal and the Great Society. Our problems will not be solved by more Government - we need LESS Government. Our only chance to stop this radical and dangerous shift is to vote against every Democrat and for Republicans in the coming election.
If you want to save America ... you have one duty - spread the word and warn others: Maybe it is too late to stop the manifestly unqualified and extreme Barack Obama from becoming President. But in that event, we don't have to give Obama a liberal Congress to go with it! The change we need is to defeat the Democrats in Congress. Defeat Nancy Pelosi and her earmark, pork-barrel, corrupt trial-lawyer leftwing-special interest ACORN-supporting buddies in Congress.