This is just dumbfounding...
REP. YOUNG NAMED HERO OF THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER
Recognized for Hard Work in Congress Alaskan Congressman
Don Young attended a reception last night where he received an award from each of the following groups: Americans for Tax Reform, American Shareholders Association, Alliance for Worker Freedom, and the 60 Plus Association.
What the hell is wrong with the Right? Don Young.....
- ...is responsible for the Bridge To Nowhere earmark
- ...shouted "my money, my money!" when he was criticized for the Bridge to Nowhere.
- ...is under FBI investigation for potentially taking bribes.
- ...is also under investigation for altering an earmark (after the bill had passed the House and Senate) to benefit a campaign contributor.
- ...is the politician who said "I’d like to be a little oinker, myself".
- ...is the politician who said of the highway bill, "It’s not a good way to legislate, although I got a lot of stuff in it ... I mean I stuffed it like a turkey.”
- ...is the politician who said he is "not [frustrated in] the minority because I took care of the minority when I was in the majority; they are taking care of me now."
This is the guy we're giving awards to? Is there anybody the Right will not decorate and applaud so long as they vote for tax cuts?
Eric Hoffer once said that “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” The Right is reaching the latter stages of that cycle. It needs a purge. We should start with people like Don Young, and those who enable them.