There were numerous posts on this site today hoping that the stock market and the economy could be pinned on Barack Obama.
Well, buried in the NBC/WSJ Poll out today (link to PDF).
Question 17a. When you think about the current economic conditions, do you feel that this is a situation that Barack Obama has inherited or is this a situation his policies are mostly responsible for?
- He inherited it - 84%
- He is responsible for it - 8%
Question 17b (asked of people who said "inherited" in 17a): And how much time would you say that Barack Obama has before his policies are mostly responsible for the country's economic conditions?
- Responsible in less than six months - 2
- Responsible in six months to one year - 13
- Responsible in one to two years - 25
- Responsible in two to three years - 18
- Responsible in more than three years - 23
Indicating how very tough it is going to be to pin the blame on Obama before the 2010 elections.